TRIBOTECHNICAL COMPOUNDS "ATOMIUM". WHAT IS IT?
ATOMIUM is a tribotechnical compound containing neutral auto-chemistry formula. ATOMIUM technology uses the unique properties of natural minerals aimed to rebuild worn friction units of engines, gearboxes, fuel pressure pumps, hydraulic power steering and other units of the vehicles and industrial facilities. ATOMIUM technology optimizes the contact of friction pairs in engine parts that leads to improved technical parameters that can reach the nominal.
In the friction zones a new car engine has a new layer formed, and despite the fact that the gaps are nominal ATOMIUM ™ anti-friction properties will provide decrease of the friction losses, i.e. increase the mechanical efficiency. This reduces fuel consumption, increases power and engine response. But the most important both for old and new engines is an increase of their lifecycle provided by ATOMIUM ™ properties, that can postpone a major repair up to 50 - 150 thousand km of the run. Moreover in cases of gentle car operation with the help of ATOMIUM you can cancel the overhaul at all.
According to its functional purpose tribotechnical compound ATOMIUM belongs to the class of
- anti-frictional (reducing friction losses),
- anti-wear (reducing wear rate)
- anti-burr (increasing the load limit setting friction surfaces) additives to engine oil.
Advanced liquid ATOMIUM is designed to restore the worn surfaces of friction and optimize gaps in worn pairs of friction units of different mechanisms, ATOMIUM oil additives are used in the standard mode of operation of car motors and mechanisms added to their own regular lubricants and oils in the system used as carriers of ATOMIUM to the places of contact of the rubbing surfaces.
ATOMIUM tribotechnical compounds basically consist of a balanced combination of specially milled minerals of the layered silicates (serpentine, chlorite, etc.). In addition to minerals ATOMIUM ™ contains the basic carrier: 99.5 - 95% mineral oil without additives of yellow colour. ATOMIUM AGSB ™ and ATOMIUM HPS ™ used ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) «Dextron» - red oil as the basic carrier.
ATOMIUM chemical formula and technology of its preparation in its present form are the result of a 20-year research, still continuing to improve and increase their efficiency due to changes in engine design and operating conditions of friction units.
Compounds are carefully chosen for each friction node and tested in the laboratory on friction testing machine and bearing stand. Quality control is performed after the production of each batch.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ATOMIUM TRIBOTECHNICAL COMPOUNDS AND REGULAR ENGINE OIL ADDITIVES
- Provide an effect of restoring of the friction surfaces (the formation of the protective layer of 15 microns thickness) and the effect of geometry optimizing of the friction surfaces.
- The protective layers provide high oil-retaining ability - the protective layer keeps the oil on the surface much stronger than the usual surface that shifts the friction mode to semifluid friction or hydrodynamic friction (work oil wedge).
- Provide an aftereffect - the ability to maintain friction parameters even after the oil change as the protective layer is not completely worn out. The rate of layer wear at the absence of ATOMIUM ™ in the node is 1.5 - 3 times lower than the wear rate of the parent metal (depending on the mode of node assembly, abrasive and corrosion wear).
- Chemically neutral to all substances included in the package of additives and lubricants that ensures the safety of use in all units and mechanisms (in compliance with instructions for use).
ATOMIUM USAGE AREAS
ATOMIUM usage areas divided into two groups:
- Cars, passenger transport, heavy vehicles and special technics;
- Application in industry.
The first area includes all types of passenger and cargo transport, heavy construction vehicles, all special technics. ATOMIUM is applied in the following nodes and mechanisms:
- Internal combustion engines of all types and sizes, diesel generators;
- Rolling and sliding bearings, constant velocity joints;
- AGSB and MGSB transmissions and reducers;
- High pressure fuel pumps (HPFP);
- Hydraulic nodes and hydraulic power steering.
ATOMIUM application in heavy industry includes:
- All types of transport used in production;
- Heavy and special equipment;
- Heavy diesel engines (incl. rail and maritime transport), diesel generators;
- Machinery equipment;
- Piston and screw compressors;
- Gears, multipliers, reducers;
- bearings, sliding bearings;
- Hydraulic systems, lifts, presses, actuators, manipulators;
- Transfer guides and other mechanisms greased with plastic lubricants.